Sunday 8 May 2011

Twibe Tweets

A snippet into the life of a student teacher on the University class Twibe 

LozBecca: I agree completely! When I was going through primary school, we only had computers in year 6 and that was just the one and it had about 2 games loaded onto it, not even microsoft word! It was all physical writing "in my day"!
RT @ltfanning I am definately a digital immigrant. When I grew up the most advanced technology was the CD player. Computers were very far and few between. But our teachers told us jobs in computers was the way of the future. They sure got that right. However, I don't think this has hinder the way I learn new technologies although it definately takes me longer. I have enjoyed learning to tweet and blog and can now see how important it is for my teaching career.

 
LozBecca: My class showed such excitement when they found out I'd be teaching them a few lessons next week. Makes you feel so loved.

jehastings: Too true, that behaviour doesn't come from nowhere. It's a worry though coming from a causal teaching point of view! Im sure there will be more than one kid in the class who thinks your 'not the boss' RT @LozBecca RT @jehastings Attitude starts way before kindergarten, they've had to learn that behaviour somewhere.
LozBecca: School numbers were extremely dimished because of cross country today - we had less than 60 students! First ever afternoon duty today too!
 
LozBecca: RT @Mishmishv I was called a glorified baby sitter yesterday -- really?!? How awful, what did you say in reply? I believe people don't pay attention to teaching as it doesn't pay well they think it's a nothing career. Ridiculous!
 
LozBecca: RT @JessicaCook12 What are your thoughts about this article? http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/primary-schools-give-govt-program-a-tick-20100501-tzlz.html - - Regardless of whether the program is good or not, there will ALWAYS be opposition
 
LozBecca: RT @koomkie My teacher took time out of their recess - but only 1 minute, the kids were so well behaved when they returned from recess!

LozBecca: Great site for videos-free play & drama-http://www.nicurriculum.org.uk/microsite/the_arts/drama/ --please note it's Irish
 
ashleyazzopardi: @LozBecca You can find The Sydney Child in local libraries, places where kids/parents usually are, shopping centres (in kids stores) and I've even seen them in the Opera House!
 
LozBecca: RT @Bluebellthefish Where do you pick up Sydney's Child?

Bluebellthefish: If you are interested in parents opinions about classroom teachers, pick up a copy of Sydney's Child (free). Many points of view expressed!

LozBecca: Am loving the collaboration of the twibe - I hope one day to use all these fabulous sites people have posted!

LozBecca: Was watching tele and an advertisement for the Fire Brigade came on, they have a great website for kids http://brigadekids.com/
 
e_lorenzini: @LozBecca 19 students is a dream :) You're very lucky! Although I do love the students that I have and they are so much fun to teach I can't help stressing about how I'm going to manage so many kids next teaching session lol

LozBecca: @e_lorenzini You poor thing! 40 students?! I am very blessed just to have 19!
 
LozBecca: My teacher gave me clues as to what I will be teaching in my block. Maths and writing! Argh!

LozBecca: The kids were very confused today, because they had no library their maths lesson was brought forward and art replaced maths in the afternoon! Very messy but great fun!

LozBecca: RT @taniakhalil2009 LozBecca: do you have any tips for a good lesson ??? What kind of lesson? PE? I've only done gross motor, the syllabus gives some great ideas - what other lessons do you want some tips on?

LozBecca: Driving to uni this morning, was extremely frustrated with the number of drivers not observing the 40km speed limit!!!!!
 
LozBecca: Fabulous third day - presented my sports lesson and the children loved it! Best of all, teacher wants it again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment